CONTACT YOUR DELEGATES, SENATORS, and the GOVERNOR TODAY!
Ask them to support our legislative agenda!
JEWISH COMMUNITY SECURITY
- $5 million to establish a new grant opportunity to support critical security personnel, enhancements, and hardening for Jewish and other religious targets in the Commonwealth.
- THE NEED:
- To ensure the safety and security of high risk/high need institutions such as Jewish agencies, organizations and synagogues, given the current threat environment and in light of recent violent and deadly attacks, we requested. States such as Pennsylvania, Minnesota, Ohio, Massachusetts, New York, and New Jersey have all created state funding programs to protect their ‘at risk’ citizens.
- Strengthen the existing legislation on Holocaust Education (Genocide/Anti-Bias Education) in all Virginia Middle & High Schools by providing support, enhanced curriculum, funding, and educator training.
- Establish and promote a Commonwealth-wide Genocide and Human Rights Education Week (around January 27 International Holocaust Remembrance Day)
- THE NEED:
- Combat the root causes of Anti-Semitism and all forms of racism and bigotry with Holocaust/Genocide/Anti-Bias Education and awareness - to stem the growing tide of white supremacy and violent hate-crimes.
Please visit www.VPAPP.org to find contact information for your state legislators.
For more information, please contact David Cohen, JCRC Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.