As of the early afternoon hours on October 11th, more than 1,200 Israelis (soldiers and civilians) are confirmed dead, more than 2,800 have been injured, and more than 150 Israelis have been kidnapped and taken to Gaza.
360,000 IDF reserves have been called up for duty, and the IDF and security forces are now constantly engaged in protecting the citizens of Israel and maintaining our safety. They have officially launched Operation “Iron Swords,” and we must strengthen and support them.
Fund for Victims of Terror
- As of 2pm, 40 more grants were distributed today, more are expected to be distributed this evening.
- We are heading a Roundtable with the National Emergency Forum about bringing medical volunteers from overseas – doctors and paramedical professionals. We are waiting to understand the capacity of the Ministry of Health.
- Amira and Michal Herzog yesterday visited evacuees in Shfayim. The needs of the evacuees are great, checking with each community how the Fund can help.
- National Emergency Forum will give us a list of places that are safe to visit
- Evacuation plan for the north has been prepared
- In the past few days, more than 1,480 olim have been evacuated from Jewish Agency absorption centers in the south to safer locations elsewhere in Israel. They will stay on respite until at least Monday.
- Working on finding alternate flights for olim that are scheduled to arrive and have had their flights cancelled; all new olim are being given an information kit to help them on arrival.
- We are buying extra dry goods and food in case of emergency, as well as 550 portable phone chargers.
- Tomorrow is the traditional Bnei Mitzva ceremony for olim children that will be held in Nir Etzion in memory of Ofir Libstein.
- Yesterday 2,500 food baskets were distributed with the help of volunteers.
- Mayr of Sderot requested food baskets for olim in public housing projects
- After a direct hit on his building, we moved an elderly man in a public housing project to Amigour Ashkelon.
Masa Israel Journey
- Masa Fellows are participating in volunteer activities – food packages, babysitting, deliveries etc; each activity must be authorized first.
- We continue to help the Fellows that want to make Aliyah.
- Many Shlichim in communities around the world and Israel Fellows on college campuses, are reporting increases in anti-Semitism as a result of the fall out of the war.
- We are focusing on our Shlichim and Israel Fellows.
- All participants of the Haredi mechina in Moshav Ora (next to Jerusalem) returned yesterday, Alma will be back by the end of the week.
- The aim is to bring back all the participants as quickly as possible, depending on the security situation at each location.
Jewish Agency Command Center:
- Encourage Jewish Agency staff to volunteer
- FVOT Hotline established